Please read this information carefully and retain it for your records.
What information Physio On Miller collects and holds
Physio On Miller will need to collect your Personal Information in order to provide clinical services to you.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Private health care details (where available) for identification and claiming purposes;
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, social history, family history and risk factors.
How Physio On Miller collects your Personal Information
Physio On Miller may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you, for example:
- the information you provide to Physio On Miller in any Patient Information Sheet;
- during the course of providing clinical services to you;
- From your guardian or responsible person (where practicable and necessary)
- From any other involved healthcare specialists.
How Physio On Miller holds your Personal Information
Physio On Miller may store your Personal Information in various forms including:
- Paper records;
- Electronic format;
- As visual – x-rays, CT scans, videos and photographs; and
- As audio recordings.
Physio On Miller takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
How Physio On Miller uses your Personal Information
Physio On Miller may use your Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- to provide clinical services and treatments to you; and
- for claims and payments.
When Physio On Miller discloses your Personal Information
Physio On Miller may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are engaged by Physio On Miller. These third parties are required to comply with this policy.
Physio On Miller may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or otherwise when you ask Physio On Miller to do so;
- to other Health Professionals involved in your care eg GP, Specialist, other Allied Health Professionals;
- when there is a statutory requirement for Physio On Miller to do so. In these circumstances, Physio On Miller will notify you that there is a statutory requirement to disclose certain personal information, eg Insurance Companies, Health Fund agencies; and
- to government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
How the Customer may access or correct its personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your Personal Information held by Physio On Miller or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact Physio On Miller by:
Phone: (02) 8065 6902
You may also use these contact details to notify Physio On Miller of any privacy complaint that you may have against Physio On Miller, including if you think that Physio On Miller has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. Physio On Miller is committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for a response to the complaint.
While Physio On Miller hopes that it will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also wish to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).